System partition too large
- /e/ version: 0.8
- Device model: hammerhead, m8
- When it started to occur: April
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: no
Build failed for some devices because the system partition is too large. Consequently, those devices can't receive new updates. Summary
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Due to some modifications in our code base (need to identify precisely which ones), the size of the system partition is more important.
What is the current behavior?
Consequently, this size exceeds the max size allowed on some devices. Build failed, and devices can't receive updates.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Relevant logs (
A workaround currently applied on some devices is to remove some default apps. It's undesirable to extend this behaviour to more devices, are it creates an inconsistent user experience between devices.
- Decrease the size of the system partition
- Increase the system max size in the device tree source code, and resize partitions on the devices
Would it be possible to resize the data partition too, to allow encryption feature to work out of the box?