Ear distroying bug in /e/ for violet
- /e/ version: e-0.7-p-2020012238465-dev-violet
- Device model: violet
- When it started to occur: Since installation
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: yes
In call volume is stuck at max, and can not be reduced by volume buttons. The caller's voice can be heard from a distance of one feet from the phone's earpiece.
- [✓] The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- [✓] The bug concerns a tierce app
- [✓] The bug concerns security
- [✓] The bug concerns privacy
The audio call volume in the earphone is stuck to maximum by default and the physical volume buttons are not able to reduce it anyway. The other kinds of volume like music, ringtone volume and notification volume can be very well controlled by the physical volume button.
Steps to reproduce
- Make sure your phone has a SIM card installed.
- Make a call to anyone, by dialing or by selecting anyone from the contacts.
- Put your phone on your ears, and observe the ear damaging volume in the earpiece of the phone, coming from the other side.
- Try to control/reduce the volume by pressing down on the volume button, while being on the call.
- Observe nothing changes from the volume buttons, even though the slider moves from up to down, it does not really changes the volume coming out of the phone.
What is the current behavior?
The in call volume stays on the max for all the voice calls.
What is the expected correct behavior?
The volume for audio calls should have been controlled by the physical volume buttons.
Volume buttons are unable to control audio volume for voice calls.
Workaround : Put stickers on the earpiece to reduce the audio volume for your ears, JK.
You can temporarily change the value for
/vendor/etc/mixer_paths_idp.xml to make the audio coming from the phone little ear bearable, but every-time you change these values, you'd have to reboot your device.