Home, back and list buttons have stopped working, some settings item disappeared, some are empty
- /e/ version: 0.7-2020011737872
- Device model: peregrine (Motorola G 4G)
- When it started to occur: some days after upgrading to 0.7-2020011737872
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: don't know
- Reproducible with LineageOS: don't know
Some days after I updated (through OTA) my phone to 0.7-2020011737872 some troubles appear suddenly :
- home, open apps list and (in a less deterministic way) the back buttons have stopped working ;
- some settings (namely at least the Buttons on) have disappeared ;
- some others settings have unexpected behavior (Developer options is said to be unavailable to the current user, Users is unaccessible) ;
- recovery was unavailable (
adb reboot recoverydid make the phone just boot)
The only way I was able to fix it was to :
- boot in fastboot mode
- flash recovery with TWRP image
- boot in recovery (through fastboot, using physical boot when shutdown, aka
Power, did not work).
- Wipe everything (every partitions)
- Copy the /e/ image to the SDCARD
- Flash it
Now everything seems back to normal.
The only event worth noting is that before (one or two days before) stopping to work but after upgrading to 0.7-2020011737872 the battery discharged completely (I forgot to recharge it).
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
I don't know since it appears suddenly.
What is the current behavior?
What is the expected correct behavior?
too late I fixed by reinstalling, sorry.
Reinstalled completely, see Summary.