No mobile carrier service on guacamole - OnePlus 7 Pro
- /e/ version: e-0.7-p-2019112632033-dev-guacamole
- Device model: OnePlus 7 Pro - GM913
- When it started to occur: December 2019
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes, see above
- Reproducible with LineageOS: No
I installed the latest /e/ on guacamole. SIM card (in slot 1 (same with slot 2))seems to be recognized, PIN is requested, carrier in settings/SIM correctly listed. However no carrier service is established, no calling possible, mobile number is not shown/recognized in Settings/SIM.
This behavior was reproduced with 3 different sim cards from different providers (Telekom (German d-net) and Blau (German e-net)) in different sim slots.
Unfortunately a mobile phone without mobile connection is relatively useless, which is a pity because everything else is working fine and gives a convincing user experience.
Installing the latest lineageos (lineage-16.0-20191204-nightly-guacamole-signed) on the same device/SIM establishes the connection with the mobile carrier just fine.
I seems that in /e/ somehow the communication with the SIM card is faulty.
- [ x] The device is unusable
- [ x] The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a tierce app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy