Location by GPS does not work with LG-G5-H850 - see #445
- /e/ version: 0.7-2020020540083
- Device model: LG G5 H850
- When it started to occur: since first install mid 2019
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: not tested
Re-reporting of bug #445 (closed) after installing latest /e/. GPS does not work.
This affects all GPS-related apps, like MagicEarth, OsmAnd, and various e-car charging station finders I and probably others have to rely on on a daily basis.
Device can not find its position using GPS. As suggested in #445 (closed) I got and started the GPStest app, and it could successfully list various satellites and their relative position angles. Still, applications using the location service can not find their own position by GPS. When allowing "fine graded" positions, position can be detected to accuracy of radio cells/registered networks when logged into wifi.
Steps to reproduce
Just get a LG G5 H850 running /e/ and any location-aware app. If further information is required, I'll be glad to help.
Relevant logs (
I attached a rather long logcat of the following procedure:
- start with location service deactivated
- start MagicEarth, when asked activate location service (GPS only)
- kill and restart MagicEarth, leave it searching location for some time
- start GPStest, leave it searching location for some time