SElinux is Permissive by default and can't be Enforcing without issues
- /e/ version: e-0.8-o-2020041649925-dev-j5nlte
- Device model: j5nlte (& j5lte)
- When it started to occur: Since always
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: Yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: Yes with LineageOS 17.1
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a tierce app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
What is the current behavior?
In System > About phone, SElinux status is Permissive. In Trust it shows Disabled but looks like it shows Disabled when it's not enforcing.
With an app and root access I switched to Enforcing, but the camera wasn't working anymore in Open Camera and Signal. Maybe other errors would have happen, I switched back to Permissive immediately.
Here is the topic on the forum : https://community.e.foundation/t/how-to-turn-on-selinux/10423?u=anonyme
What is the expected correct behavior?
SElinux should be "Enforcing" by default and without issues.
Relevant logs (