Testing R unofficial; Manage my location -> Real location, fails to resolve
- /e/ version: e-1.0-r-20220601-UNOFFICIAL-a3xelte NB Testing R "beta"
- Device model(s): a3xelte Samsung A3 (2016)
- Device rooted: NO
Try to allow Real location from Advanced privacy > Manage my location -- Fails.
Mapbox sub-window in Manage my location displays a "Cannot resolve, timer/spinner".
Overview, Advanced privacy widget displays a "Cannot resolve, timer/spinner".
Advanced privacy > Manage my location, is set at "Use random plausible" by Radio button.
Change to "Use real". A timer/spinner shows; but does not resolve.
Steps to reproduce
Go to Advanced privacy > Manage my location. Default setting (by Radio button) is "Use random plausible".
Change Radio button to "Use real".
What is the current behavior?
A timer/spinner shows within the Mapbox sub-window; but does not resolve.
What is the expected correct behavior?
One Radio button can be changed to another (with a few seconds delay acceptable).
Three logcats are uploaded and attached.
- Records a reboot following a spontaneous reboot during testing. I continue to try to enable Real location.
- Two days later. Factory reset. Try to enable Real location.
- Follow on with Restart to try to close "failure loops". Try to enable Real location.
No solution was found. Test ended, device re-flashed with v1.0-rc-q-20220509184455-dev-a3xelte. Here Maps works. I do not attempt to adjust Radio buttons from "Use plausible". I was very careful to load Maps permissions very slowly over 24 hours.