[FEATURE PROPOSAL] Available space on /e/drive and on the device
[FEATURE PROPOSAL] Keeping the overview on available space on /e/drive and on the device
I recently made several videos with my smartphone. While all the videos were automatically uploaded on my /e/drive, I exceeded the space available there. I was notified (pic1) on that. When clicking on that notification my standard webbrowser opened up and brought me to the webview of /e/drive (Nextcloud).
For an average user - I believe - this is not very helpful as he/she cannot see/understand what caused exceeding the drive space and he/she could do to solve this issue.
What would be desirable in this context
The user should be informed and being supported to take appropriate action.
- In such a situation the user should always be able to understand what the current problem is and how he/she can solve it. Currently, when using /e/ there is no easy way to keep an overview neither on the storage space available on /e/drive nor on the devices internal storage itself.
- Ideally, the system is proposing instructions for action (such as "delete photos" or "move photos to another (unsynced) part of devices storage".
The user should be prevented (if possible) that a similar situation occurs.
- When syncing of photos/videos is enabled, the device could foresee - even before the videos are actually uploaded on /e/drive - that the available speaker space will not be sufficient and could notify the user right away about the foreseeable issue.
When the issue has been solved, the notification should disappear on its own.
- After I freed up space in /e/drive, the notification in the system (pic1) remained and I deeded to swipe it away manually. Ideally, it would either disappear on its own or being replaced by a new one explaining that sufficient space has been liberated and everything is in order now.
- Within the SYSTEM SETTINGS (Settings>Storage) there is information available on the devices internal space usage as well on the external space (SD card). Ideally, there should be, in a similar way specified the usage of /e/drive as it is an integral part of /e/OS.
- With (optional) WIDGET it could be helpful to provide basic information such as space available on the device and on /e/drive, that would b a good place to keep a quick overview. Such a system info widget could provide optional various other useful information such as -- mobile data usage (last month/last 24h) -- phones’ battery health (incl. current battery temperature, current voltage and approx. battery duration) -- (...)