API key lost once OpenWeatherMap is reset
- /e/ version: 0.20
- Device model(s): FP3
- Device rooted: no
By default, OpenWeatherMap has a "Verified" API key in order to be able to fetch weather data from OpenWeatherMap. If the data of the system app "OpenWeatherMap" is reset (from Settings > Apps & notifications), the API key isn't available anymore and the user has to enter its own in order to solve the issue without a factory reset.
Steps to reproduce
- On the Weather widget, click on the wheel
- Click on Meteo service, at the top
- Click on the wheel on the right of "OpenWeatherMap"
- Check that "API key" says "Verified"
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Show system apps > OpenWeatherMap > Storage & cache > Clear storage > OK.
- Check again, the API key isn't "Verified" anymore.
What is the current behavior?
The API key is wiped and can't be restored without a factory reset (I guess).
What is the expected correct behavior?
The API key shouldn't be wiped and lost.
Relevant logs (