Adding an /e/ account using 2FA results in a connection error in Mail
- /e/ version: 0.18-n-stable
- Device model(s): herolte
- Device rooted: no
Steps to reproduce
What is the current behavior?
- Enable 2FA
- Create an app password
- Add the /e/ account using the app password in Settings > Accounts
- Open Mail
- An error message appears when trying to refresh
What is the expected correct behavior?
Relevant logs (
The app password is the one used to connect to the IMAP and SMTP servers, but it doesn't work since it's the real password that has to be used, causing the connection error.
- Click on the notification (the error message)
- Change the password from the app password to the real password
- It now downloads the emails