Web browser camera stream not supported anymore
- /e/ version: 0.16
- Device model(s): OnePlus 7, FP3+
Camera stream cannot be accessed by web browser anymore
Steps to reproduce
- Open web browser and connect to https://jolicode.github.io/lab-1-2-3-soleil/
- Click Play
- Autorization to access camera should popup
- A double window will appear where you are supposed to see the front camera stream
What is the current behavior?
No video stream
What is the expected correct behavior?
Video stream should be visible.
- this bug doesn't happen on stock Android with Chrome
- this bug doesn't happen on /e/OS 0.15 with browser 83.0.4103.93
- this bug doesn't happen on /e/OS 0.16 with Chrome 90.0.443°.91
- when the feature works, there are two authorization panels at first use: one to allow camera, the other to access local storage for multimedia. When it doesn't work, only the first auth panel shows up.
Relevant logs (
This is probably a regression in Bromite, or a new security default setting.