FP3/Q: Camera upgrade does not support proper > 30 fps videos
- /e/ version: e_FP3-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20201110.173940 dev-keys
- Device model(s): FP3 with camera upgrade
I wanted to create a video with higher video frame rate then the default (30fps). I chose 120fps in the default camera app which comes with /e/. In the video preview the video the resolution is very good but when you press on the record button and noticed that the video got very blurry, foggy and laggy.
Steps to reproduce
- Open default Camera app on /e/
- Go to Settings (gear symbol)
- Go to Video settings...
- Click on Video frame rate (approx)
- Change to any other frame rate higher than 30 to XXX fps[High Speed]
- Go back and create a video
- Change between the video resolution - does not make difference
- Repeat the steps and create a video on e.g. 30fps to compare.
What is the current behavior?
A 60fps or higher video looks very blurry. The video seems to be smooth but the quality is bad.Below 60 fps it is fine.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Videos should be made in smooth high speed frame rate without lack of video quality
Relevant logs (
Change video frame rate to default. Then you just have 30 fps and the video quality is better
Not really. Maybe review the integration with the new Fairphone 3 camera modules? It would be a good test case to compare the functionality of the old camera modules with the new one. Unfortunately I do not have the old camera modules anymore.