Some users are getting the wrong update
- /e/ version:
- Device model(s): devices with multiple android versions
Following the issues with v0.12 update we faced at beginning of october, we had to remove some update from OTA server.
Consequently, when the device which is on one of this version is requesting for the update list, the OTA server don't know what to answer. it can't determine the Android version of the user /e/ version, and, by default, answer with the oldest one.
This behavior lead for the user to run a downgrade, and being stuck on bootanimation.
Steps to reproduce
- Install an update which is not available anymore on the server (ex: e-0.12-p-2020093076095-dev-a5y17lte)
- For the same device, check that an update for another Android version was published (ex: e-0.12-n-2020100176273-dev-a5y17lte)
What is the current behavior?
If you check for update, you will see the e-0.12-n-2020100176273-dev-a5y17lte update
What is the expected correct behavior?
Only update with the same Android version should be visible
Relevant logs (
At the moment, the hotfix is to:
- Patch OTA server to return only the last available update
- Re-publish the missing updates. Thanks to the previous point, they will not being available for users, but only be used internally by OTA server