High battery consumption and freezing apps on Wileyfox Swift - crackling - Pie
- /e/ version: 0.11-p-2020082569744-test-crackling
- Device model: crackling
- When it started to occur:
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: has been occurring the same way on Lineage 16.0 - crackling
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Battery consumption is notably elevated in comparison to previously installed version e-0.11-n-2020082970471-dev-crackling. I have to charge the phone at least every 24 to 28 hours. Using Nougat it had been 48 +x hours. I had Lineage 16.0 installed on the phone before, where I observed the same thing. I suppose thus it is a problem in the underlying Lineage code and not specific to /e/
Steps to reproduce A further problem occuring that may be related is that apps freeze after the screen turns off and you wake up the phone again. This is reproducable on my phone when using the app Magic Earth. I can modify map Zoom, but it the screen is not changing. When I switch to another app or homescreen and switch back, the app is responing again.
What is the current behavior?
Device runs, but above problems are annoying
What is the expected correct behavior?
Longer battery duration and fluid response
Relevant logs (
I will try to find relevant log information and come back with that, but I never looked into the smartphone logs yet.
See steps to reproduce