USB File Transfer not available on Xiaomi Whyred
- /e/ version: e-0.10-o-2020080766690-dev-whyred
- ADB version : Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41 Version 30.0.4-6686687
- Device model: whyred (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro)
- When it started to occur: From the first install
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: IDK
After plugging a working USB cable from a computer to the smartphone, no silent notification appears on the phone, and phone is not detected by the computer
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Plug USB cable to computer
What is the current behavior?
No silent notification, and the device is not detected by computer (adb devices empty)
What is the expected correct behavior?
The device should be detected by computer, and File Transfer should be available in USB modes.
Relevant logs (
Workaround I tried the following but no success:
- Activating developper options. In the menu for USB default mode, File Transfer doesn't appear. I tried MTP but it doesn't work either (attached screenshot)
- adb devices from computer doesn't recognize the device
- changing USB cables
Is this a security feature? Can it be disabled? Disk encryption is set up but I think it should still work.