"Can not uninstall this app": duplicated, strange app-icons
- /e/ version: 0.10-n
- Device model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 X
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
Twice on my usetime of /e/OS, first for TWRP installed via Aurora Store and secondly with Element 1.0.5 via F-Droid, happened that an app has a duplicated icon which has not the expected icon, but an default-android icon (image below) and it's not possible to remove that second icon: this message appears:
Can not uninstall this app
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Maybe, download Element 1.0.5 from F-Droid, but not sure.
What is the current behavior?
A duplicated, strange icon is created with the same name as the app. But that duplicate can't be uninstalled.
What is the expected correct behavior?
1- That duplicated icon should not appear. 2- If appeared, it should be able to remove it.
- Using Bliss Launcher, move that icon to another area.
- Clear data and cache of Bliss Launcher [solved by omniDHTM on Forum], although this removes all the configuration.
- Use another launcher.
Clear data and cache of Bliss Launcher
The problem could be about some data stored on Bliss Launcher.