Use intents to set microG default configuration
- /e/ version:
- Device model:
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version:
- Reproducible with LineageOS:
Instead of modifiying the source code of the app, we can now use intent to define the microG default configuration.
This improvement concerns
What is the current behavior?
We modified values in the source code to set the default settings.
What is the improved behavior?
Call intent, from the FTSW, to set the default microG setting values
What does it bring?
Avoid to differ from upstream
From Marvin (microG's founder)
You have to
- use permission org.microg.gms.PROVISION
- start service com.google.android.gms/org.microg.gms.provision.ProvisionService using Intent that can have any of the boolean extras: checkin_enabled, gcm_enabled, safetynet_enabled set to true to enable that feature
- Install /e/ on a device and check that the default conf is correct
- Check if the test plan have a part to validate microG default settings