Edits are lost, when message is forwarded in /e/ Messages and device is turned from portrait to landscape
- /e/ version: 0.9-2020062660259
- Device model: LG-H850
- When it started to occur:
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS:
Edits are lost, when message is forwarded in /e/ Messages and device is turned from portrait to landscape.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Choose a message to forward, add recipient, the edit mode is active, the user can edit the text of the message. All in portrait mode
- Write anything to the message, preferably to the beginning.
- Turn the device from portrait to landscape. And back
What is the current behavior?
Edits are lost.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Edits are kept between view and are not lost.
Relevant logs (
Avoid switching portrait and landscape mode when editing forwarded messages.