Samsung S5 klte: e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte fails to install
- /e/ version: e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte
- Device model: Samsung S5 LTE International "klte" SM-G900F
- When it started to occur: When updating or installing freshly to e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte
- Reproducible with LineageOS: No (lineage-16.0-20200725-microG-klte and lineage-16.0-20200718-microG-klte tested)
After flashing e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte (
- e-screen is shown => ok
- after 2 minutes screen gets dark, no possibility to wake up
- after approx. 30 min device reboots to recovery.
This is in opposite to e-0.9-p-2020062560240-dev-klte, where /e/ is ready even at fresh install within less then 2 minutes after reboot.
Installed TWRP: twrp-3.3.1-0-klte.img. Device supplied with power all the time.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Install e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte by
- adb sideload or
- OTA from running version e-0.9-p-2020062560240-dev-klte.
What is the current behavior?
e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte does not install properly
What is the expected correct behavior?
e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte shall install properly
Relevant logs (
logcat not available.
Installation in recovery is running through with no other messages than prior version.
This was installed to a S5 phone with pure stock ROM which was reset before. No root, no Magisk,...
Use e-0.9-p-2020062560240-dev-klte, do not update to e-0.9-p-2020072865179-dev-klte