Missing resources in Apps
- /e/ version: 0.9-o-2020070161105-stable-starlte
- Device model: Samsung S9
- When it started to occur: today
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version:
- Reproducible with LineageOS:
Some applications bundled in the /e/ "Apps" store are missing resources.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
I installed the “Unlock!” application (com.spacecowboys.unlocks01) from the /e/ “Apps” store. The app is only 29.1MB. When I launch it, I get a black screen with the error message “download failed because the resources could not be found”.
Then I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it from another store (APKPure). There the app is 200MB, and it works fine.
My guess is that the “Apps” store from /e/ has failed to bundle some essential resources with the application. Is there any way to fix this sort of issue in the future ? The /e/ user experience would be greater if we could avoid to use alternative stores.