Acoustic echo cancellation doesn't work on voice calls
- /e/ version: 0.9-2020062560240
- Device model: FP2
- When it started to occur: since always
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: don't know
Using a sip account with the "Phone" app (or sometimes the voice calling function of third party apps) produces a significant (1-2 seconds) echo on the callers side.
- The device is unusable (as sip phone)
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time (always preparing a headset)
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Configure a SIP account in the "Phone" app.
- Make a call or receive a call.
What is the current behavior?
The caller or the person on the other side hears its own echo (1-2 seconds delay). In this way it's almost impossible to "communicate".
What is the expected correct behavior?
No echo on the callers side.
Use a headset.
The problem is known:
And it seems, the FP2 team found a solution for it. They now use the software AEC and disable the hardware AEC or something like that.