Google Cloud Messaging disconnected by default
- /e/ version: 0.9-p-2020062059357-test
- Device model: dreamlte
- When it started to occur:
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: -
GCM is disconnected by default.
Following #1423 (closed), we can test the fix by installing Signal app and checking that is no notification shown for background running.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Install last test build
- Install Signal app and login
What is the current behavior?
Signal informs you that Google Play Services are missing. So you have to allow the app to run in background. After few minutes, the notification appears in top bar.
When you go in
Google Cloud Message settings, the option is enabled but the status stay disabled.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Google Cloud Message should automatically connect when it is asked by an app.
Relevant logs (
- try going into Advanced (3 dots menu) and change the ping interval for all Networks to 60 seconds
- Reinstall Signal and log in.