The "Mail" application cannot import settings from a file.
- /e/ version: 0.9-p-2020051454091-dev-FP3
- Device model: FP3
- When it started to occur: from start
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: Yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: There is no e.mail app
"Mail" application cannot import settings from a file if there is no configured account.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Export settings and account to a file.
Reset device or make a clean /e/ installation
What is the current behavior?
Open the "Mail" app. No way to import the file.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Clean K-9 mail has a welcome screen with the option to import settings. This should be the same in the /e/ Mail app, or another way to import the accounts.
Relevant logs (
Set up from scratch