Email error when sending from additional identities in ecloud.global's RainLoop
- /e/ version: /n/a
- Device model: n/a
- When it started to occur: n/a
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: n/a
- Reproducible with LineageOS: n/a
In https://ecloud.global/apps/rainloop/, Settings/Account, user is able to add an identity.
But it can't work with /e/ cloud Postfix setup.
So it should be disabled or enhanced.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Identity management is displayed in RainLoop, but this feature can't work in /e/ cloud context.
What is the current behavior?
User can add identities and use them to send email (from).
But it gives an error message, as /e/ cloud Postfix won't accept it.
What is the expected correct behavior?
2 solutions :
- user is given the ability to manage aliases for his account (may need additional dev and security checks)
- identities management is disabled from RainLoop's settings (and cleared from users profiles)
Also, from eelomailserver Postfix configuration :
root@mail:~# cat /etc/postfix/sql/sender-login-maps.cf hosts = mariadb:3306 user = postfix password = password dbname = postfix option_group = client query = SELECT username FROM mailbox WHERE username='%s' AND active = TRUE UNION SELECT goto FROM alias WHERE address='%s' AND active = TRUE
We can see here that only mailbox accounts or any associated alias is accepted to send email.
Disable identities in RainLoop admin.
This can be done in General/Main panel of RainLoop admin (https://www.rainloop.net/docs/configuration/).
Unfortunately it seems to be a system-wide setting ...
Enable identities management in RainLoop, and allow users to manage aliases (Postfix Admin or some other way).
Note : please keep it available in docker images, as self-hosted admins may use it !