Selecting a contact in default messaging app is very slow
- /e/ version: 0.92020051554230
- Device model: OnePlus 3t
- When it started to occur: always
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS:
Default SMS app is very slow to suggest contacts (from approx 1300) predominantly text-only contacts whilst typing new recipient in.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- [?] The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Create a new message and start typing recipient's name.
What is the current behavior?
Contacts list is VERY slow to suggest contacts and typing lags whilst search completes.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Fast text search completes in real time. 1300 is a good size but this is trivial.
Relevant logs (
Two part search? Search names fields first and refine with all-fields search after that is complete? I don't know how the search is completed... Just a barely educated guess...
Blesséd are the coders.