Apps doesn't install PWAs, but just create shortcut
- /e/ version: 0.9-2020042751613 — Android 9
- Device model: Pocophone F1
- When it started to occur: I've Apps v1.1.6
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: It's about Apps, then no.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Go to Apps (Apps store from /e/, I meant).
- Optional, but easier: in Apps settings, choose PWA only. It will help to find PWAs
- Install a PWA
What is the current behavior?
It creates a shortcut, like if PWA was not supported. It means you'll see browser navigation bar.
What is the expected correct behavior?
It installs as a PWA, and the browser navigation bar is not displayed.
Relevant logs (
With Firefox Preview:
- Open the created shortcut
- Press the three dot menu
- Click on "Install" (Firefox preview) or "Add to home screen" (/e/ browser)
It has to be somewhere in this file PwaInstaller.kt.