All pictures (JPEG) taken with Open Camera are 30.4MB
- /e/ version: 0.9-2020042751613 (Android 9 Pie but the problem was also existing when i was under Android 7 Nougat)
- Device model: Samsung SM-A520F (Galaxy A5 2017)
- When it started to occur: Always
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: Yes but maybe not on all device model
- Reproducible with LineageOS: i don't know
All pictures (in JPEG mode) that i take with Open Camera have that huge size of 30.4MB ! Whatever settings i use, by day, by night, with flash, without flash, HDR.... with all the settings each picture i take is 30.4MB ! Very heavy and my memory get full very quickly. I think for a JPEG the size should be around 3 ou 4MB, maybe 5MB for the heavy ones, but not 30MB !
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Use a Galaxy A5 2017 with pre-installed Open Camera and take any kind of picture. The size should be 30.4MB
What is the current behavior?
All my pictures are 30.4MB which is huge for simple Jpeg pictures.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Normal size for JPEG between 2MB and 5MB approximatively
You juste have to go to the info of the jpeg file and you will see the size of the file.