Apps (v2) doesn't detect update
- /e/ version: Apps v2
- Device model:
- When it started to occur:
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version:
- Reproducible with LineageOS:
Apps (v2) doesn't detect automatically new updates
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Run on a device with Apps v2
- Install an old version of an app, downloaded from APKPure for example (tested with Facebook and Whatsapp)
What is the current behavior?
As a user, I'm not informed that there are new updates for the Apps.
What is the expected correct behavior?
After the reboot:
- a notification should appear so I'm informed there is updates for my apps
- if I open Apps and go into "Update" tabs, I see the list of Apps which wait for an update
Relevant logs (
At the moment, the updates itself seems working. When I search the App, the Update button appears. If I tap on it, it installs the update.