Google account renewal fails after few days
- /e/ version: 0.8-o-2020041349
- Device model: all
- When it started to occur: v0.8
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: -
After few days, the synchronisation of Google account is broken.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Add a Google account via Account Manager and wait few hours/days
What is the current behavior?
Two notification will appear:
- one for mail
- the other for contact
Informing the user that authentication failed.
If the first times you can click on the notification and validate with next, after few days, the message "Username or password incorrect" will be shown.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Account manager renews the Google account token automatically.
Probably the token can't be renewed
Relevant logs (
At the moment, it seems the only is to remove/add again the google account.