NFC is missing from /e/ but the phone has it on j5nlte
- /e/ version: e-0.8-o-2020041649925-dev-j5nlte
- Device model: j5nlte
- When it started to occur: Since always I think
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: Yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: No
My phone has NFC but there is 0 mention of NFC in Settings in /e/ Oreo.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Try to activate NFC somewhere, you won't find any setting to do it. Nothing in Settings, and nothing in the control center (in the notification pannel).
What is the current behavior?
What is the expected correct behavior?
I have never used NFC in this phone so I can't be 100% sure it's there and it's working, but on the internet, I see everywhere that this phone has it. And if it's there in LineageOS 17 (and activate by default), I guess it's really here and working.
So I really think /e/ "forgot" to activate it in the build or I don't know.
Relevant logs (