No DRM at all on j5nlte
- /e/ version: e-0.8-o-2020041649925-dev-j5nlte.zip
- Device model: j5nlte
- When it started to occur: always
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: YES in LineageOS 16.0 / NO with LineageOS 17.1
I have no DRM on my phone. No Security Level 1 or L3 neither. I think there are others /e/OS phone that don't have this issue.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Try to use an app that requires DRM right (like an app to watch a TV channel (Molotov, Netflix).
And "DRM Info" app shows no DRM info at all.
What is the current behavior?
It will show an error message about the DRM and I won't be able to watch what I want.
When I install DRM Info on my phone with LineageOS 17.1, it works (see screenshot). It doesn't work with /e/ on Oreo and doesn't work on LineageOS 16.0.
What is the expected correct behavior?
The phone should have DRM L1 or at least L3.
Relevant logs (
How the "DRM Info" app is supposed to look like (screenshot from Aurora Store) :
How it is on my phone :
How it is on my phone with LineageOS 16.0 :
How it is on my phone with LineageOS 17.1 :