Galaxy S6 decryption unsuccessful
- /e/ version: 2020041349483
- Device model: SM-920F
- When it started to occur: On first boot after upgrade or install
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: Yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: I don't know
After upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8, system can't decrypt data partition. Same issue with clean install (can't encrypt)
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
- Download /e/OS 0.8-2020041349483 from OTA
- Export update
- Reboot on TWRP
- Apply update
- Wipe dalvik cache
What is the current behavior?
Message on screen "Decryption unsuccessful" for update. Message on screen "Encryption unsuccessful" for clean install.
Can't use the smartphone.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Decrypt data partition and continue to boot
Relevant logs (