Contact import through local VCF file failed
- /e/ version: 0.7-2020010636667
- Device model: Samsung Galaxy S7
- When it started to occur: from the beginning
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: unknown
Contact import through local VCF file failed. Sorry if this bug is reported at the wrong place, it is my first report for /e/ and it is not very clear where I should report for Contacts app.
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third party app
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
Export a VCF file (VCard) with all my contacts from Evolution 3.28.5-0 on Ubuntu 18.04.1. Transfer the file on my smartphone. Open Contacts app. Tap on ..., then Import/Export, then Import from .vcf file, On phone. Choose the file. Download start in the indicator bar (Import (Contact Name) for all contacts).
What is the current behavior?
Download goes to 99% then freezes. No contact get imported in app.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Download goes to 100%. Contacts are available in app.
Relevant logs (
None. My VCF file seems OK since import and export work well between Evolution and for example Thunderbird.