Shazam's connection to Apple Music does not work.
- /e/ version:0.7-2020030644075 (Android 9 Pie)
- Device model:fajita (OnePlus 6T)
- When it started to occur:Since, like, a week ago.
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version:Yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS:Yes
In the settings of the Shazam application, it is possible, in beta at the moment, to link it to our Apple Music account. Entering the credentials is no problem, and when I press the button to allow Shazam to link to Apple Music, Shazam tells me the following message: "We couldn't connect you to Apple Music".
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Steps to reproduce
-Go to the Shazam application settings. -Press "Connect" to Apple Music (beta). -Enter his Apple account password. It is necessary to have the Apple Music application and a subscription account connected. -Press the "Continue" button to allow Shazam to access Apple Music.
What is the current behavior?
Every time we want to connect the Apple Music account to Shazam, Shazam refuses.
What is the expected correct behavior?
We should, after allowing Shazam to link to Apple Music, be able to record Shazam sounds in his Apple Music library, and even listen to the entire songs directly in Shazam.
Relevant logs (
(https://norishare.com/tRdTu4k) ## Solutions **Workaround** Install Google mobile services, I think. **Possible fixes** Maybe improve microG services, because even when fully configured, apps still make sure that they don't detect Google services.