Apps retaining large amounts of data
- /e/ version: 0.7-2020021341116
- Device model: harpia
- When it started to occur: unknown
- Reproducible with the last /e/ version: yes
- Reproducible with LineageOS: unknown
Not sure this is a bug, but the Apps application is storing large amounts of data (1.45 GB in my case). Is this normal? It's just a front-end for the application server, right? At any rate, thought it might be related to issue 707? #707
- The device is unusable
- The bug is the source of a data loss or a big waste of time
- The bug concerns a third-party application
- The bug concerns security
- The bug concerns privacy
Normal operation of App store over 7 months led to the problem stated in the summary
What is the current behavior?
Phone is operating normally, but noticed it after a low memory alert, and checked the "Apps storage". For perspective, this quantity of storage is larger than I am currently using for Magic Earth (which has offline map storage) and Nextcloud.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Apps shouldn't be using so much data storage
Relevant logs (
Clear data? Should I just clear the data periodically?