Give more explanations in app details
Explanations. I think, once you are on the page for a specific app and you are thinking about installing it, it could be good to make the information provided a bit more snappy. Examples:
- Licence. "GPL-3.0-only", better write "Open Source (GPL-3.0-only)". Or alternatively, when clicking on the word "Licence" to get more detailed information what different licence models are possible.
- Privacy analysis. Very good and easy to reach. I’d love to have next to the terms “Permissions” and “Trackers” indicated right away how many (the number of) Permissions and Trackers are required by that app.
- It would be good to indicate not only the publisher’s name but maybe country and incl. contact details. That could be done in the “Information” section. This info can be helpful to better identify (among apps with very similar names), the one I am really interested in.
- Equally: a publishers website if available (helpful for Open Source applications).
- Equally: the app name (could be shown when clicking on the version number).
- Display the current version of an installed app next to the last version available.
- A “Similar apps” slider on the bottom (with priority for FOSS apps maybe).
- The “Permissions” pop-up (under “Privacy analyses”) should be more user-friendly. We can’t understand what all those permissions are and what they can do.
- In addition to the “Description” section, a “Novelties/features” section is needed in order to know before doing an update what have been changed.
- The codename of the app (“ch.protonmail.android” for instance) should be displayed.
- An little mention if the app is dependant of Google Play Services or if there is Ads in it.