Issue after changing the e.account password
I figuered out an issue when changing the password for my e.account.
- The e.account serves as email address and at the same time to authenticate myself within the e.cloud.
- When I want to change the password for an e.account, I need to do that via https://ecloud.global/login?clear=1 (-> forgot password). Once the password is changed, I can easily login via a web browser to the account.
The issue I faced on my phone that was already running /e/OS.
- As the password was changed I received a notification for the /e/mail app "authentification failed". I clicked on the notification, typed-in the new password and was enabled right away to use the e.mail again.
- Within a few minutes (less then 5) the authentification error was popping up again on the phone and I need to retype the new password. Then again after some time the same the authentification error again....
- It seems that after some time the password is taken over from my e.account the phone was registered with. The principal e.account on the phone seems not to notify the user that the password is wrong and needs to be changed.
The correct behaviour would be that not the email app is notifying the authentification error but the principal e.account on the phone. The user should be enabled to modify the password there easily. This new password should be handed over to the email app automatically.
Hope this description is understandable.